Some days parenting feels like a game of survival when parenting doesn’t look the way you thought it would. The daily negative interactions hi-jack your good parenting intentions, along with clouding over many days and family life in general. You wonder, “Is it me?”, “Is it my child?”. It is likely a number of things getting in the way of you being the parent your child needs. Read more about how Angela will help you uncover the layers to create total family transformation.
Special Needs Coaching
If you have a child (or suspect you may have a child) with an invisible disability such as ADHD, Anxiety, Sensory Processing Disorder, Giftedness or Learning Disability Angela is here to support you on your unique journey and help you to put your ‘best parenting foot’ forward again with your complex child. Angela knows the vastly complex nature of parenting a child with emotional and behavioral challenges. Read more about how she will help to educate and empower you in how to best support your challenging, amazing and unique child, and turn your families challenges into strengths.
It would not let me attach such a small document so here is the copy for the visual/printout (so excited you could do this!!!!!!). I am running with the garden visualization so hopefully, that will give you some direction. I would like at least one heart worked in there somewhere, please:)
7 Ways to Sow Seeds of Emotional Intelligence Every Day in Your Child
- Allow emotion. Visualize stepping back and making space for your child’s feelings, all feelings are healthy.
- Teach emotions. Keep a feelings visual close by.
- Identify and reflect your child’s feelings, and invite their input.
- Acknowledge your emotions in front of them.
- Model empathy for others. “It looks like she is feeling really sad that she can’t play with the toy”
- Explore coping strategies. Support them in seeking out safe ways to less their emotions pass.
- Model. When flooded with emotion, take the powerful pause.
“Sowing the seeds of emotional intelligence in a child invites a garden allowing them to grow and bloom in all areas of life”